Monday, October 10, 2016

How to Thicken Thin Edges With Toppik Hair Fibers


I promised to do a review on my favorite Toppik hair filler fibers, which are basically to use if you have thin edges or balding spots.

Now this here, you can pick this up in target.com or Sally's Beauty Supply Store as well.

This comes in an array of different colors. I have the dark brown.

You can either buy a very small little bottle if you are unsure for five bucks and you can test it out.

This one right here, this particular size is, I do believe, like $25 but it does not come with this spray pump nozzle on the top.

It actually comes alone, you can purchase this for extra five bucks or you can buy the entire kit for $29, which comes with this comb, the DVD and along with this here, a full size and nozzle.

Now, if you do not get the nozzle, you will have to distribute this with a little brush.

I will be honest and tell you that I had another brand, which did not come with a spray pump, it did not have one to purchase along side of it.

So I used my makeup brush to fill in my edges, which takes a lot of time. Really does not fill in that great but it does work.

Now, with a Toppik, this is the only one that I use now. This nozzle is a must have. It distributes so evenly, it makes the job a lot easier.

A lot of people think that it's gonna come off, is it going to melt, is it going to run down your face.

These hairs actually look like ... they remind me a lot like hair, like when you went to the barber shop and you see someone getting a haircut and have little tiny hairs left on their back or neck.

This is what the fibers actually look like inside. So it's not liquid, it's not like powder, they look like tiny hair fibers.


What this does is, I use it for my edges because my edges are a little bit thinner.

Right now I have some on and I'm going to try to wipe it off. I do like to set it with my hair spray. You do not have to but what I do is I spray a little bit and then I set it and brush it in.

I'm gonna show you where it's lighter. You do not have to be too close, it depends on your preference and also it all depends on the area that you are spraying.

I take my brush and then I'll go back in just a little bit.

If any get on your face, like I said, it's basically like hair, so you can always take a dry cloth and wipe it off your skin and as you can see my hair is filling in and it's getting darker.

Super easy, you can use some spray afterwards if you want. A lot of guys use this in their beards and mustaches to make them look fuller or if you are balding, you have bald patches, this stuff works like heavenly.

I use this whenever I'm doing any of my wigs, because like I said, in my frontal area it is a little bit thinner. It does help my wigs blend in seamlessly, especially to the front hairline area where I pull out a little bit hair.

You can always tell if I do not have this on. So you'll see the line of demarcation and I'm just gonna call it the line of demarcation because that's actually where the wig starts and you can see my hair.

So what I do is always spray. Once I use this, you cannot tell that I have a wig on, you cannot tell where it begins because of this.

 So I love this stuff, I use it in my hair all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I read your blogs on a regular basis. Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. Thanks for sharing.
    _____________________
    Dölja utväxt

    ReplyDelete